- This event has passed.
ETTG/ECDPM OECD Webinar – Weathering the storm: what role for multilateral development finance in response to the COVID-19 crisis October 29 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm CET
October 29 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
On Thursday 29 of October at 16:00 pm (CET) we will host the ETTG-OECD webinar event on multilateral development finance in response to the COVID-19 crisis. The webinar will investigate the dynamics of the Multilateral Development Finance framework in the wake of COVID-19, making concrete recommendations on the most effective and impactful ways forward.
The virtual WEBEX meeting will be in English and last 90 minutes, including Q&A.
- Maria Alejandra Riano, Research Fellow for the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda, The Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations (IDDRI)
- Olivier Cattaneo, Head of Unit, Policy Analysis and Strategy, Development Co-operation Directorate, OECD: opening remarks on the Multilateral Development Finance Report 2020
- OECD presentation will be covered by Abdoulaye Fabregas, Economist and Jieun Kim, Policy Analyst
- Max-Otto Baumann, Senior Researcher, Inter- and Transnational Cooperation programme, The German Development Institute (DIE)
-> Q&A: First round
- San Bilal, Head of Programme Trade, Investment and Finance, The European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM)
- Annalisa Prizzon, Senior Research Fellow in the Development and Public Finance programme, Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
- Fabrizio Botti, Senior Fellow in the field of economics and finance, The Institute of International Affairs (IAI)
-> Q&A: Second round
- Tri Hita Karana Working Paper For Development Finance Institutions The Role of DFIs and their shareholders in building back better in the wake of Covid-19
- OECD Draft report, Multilateral Development Finance 2020
- Tri Hita Karana Statement The Role of DFIs 1 and shareholders in building back better in the wake of Covid-19
- San Bilal, Stephany Griffith-Jones, Sony Kapoor, Stephen Karingi, Vera Songwe and Dirk Willem te Velde (2020). Saving Africa’s private sector jobs during the coronavirus pandemic, ECDPM, ODI, Re-define and UNECA paper for EDFI, April 2020
- San Bilal (2020), Towards an EU global COVID-19 response 2.0: Boosting smarter finance, ECDPM Discussion Paper 273, June
- Earmarking in the Multilateral Development System. Many Shades of Grey, DIE, Weinlich, Silke / Max-Otto Baumann / Erik Lundsgaarde / Peter Wolff Studies 101 (2020)
- Earmarked Funding for Multilateral Development Cooperation: Asset and Impediment, DIE, Baumann, Max-Otto / Erik Lundsgaarde / Silke Weinlich, Briefing Paper 16/2020
- How earmarking has become self‐perpetuating in UN development co‐operation, Max‐Otto Baumann, Development Policy review, ODI
- Financing the coronavirus response in sub-Saharan Africa
- Moving away from aid: lessons from country studies
- All hands on deck: how to scale up multilateral financing to face the Covid-19 crisis
- Bilateral versus multilateral aid channels: strategic choices for donors
The event is part of a series of live virtual talks on multilateral development finance. Timed around the launch of the 2020 Multilateral Development Finance Report on October 26th, experts from academia, think tanks and development agencies from across the world will share their views and insights. Co-hosted with partner organisation that span the whole globe, each of the events will add a regional perspective to enrich the global dialogue on multilateral development finance in post-COVID times.
For the recorded video click here.
For more details of the series click here.
Image courtesy of Jernej Furman via Flickr.