- This event has passed.
DEVCO – ETTG/DIE web Infopoint event: Humanitarian-Development- Peace Nexus
October 6, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
A discussion on implementation challenges and opportunities
This event will provide an excellent opportunity to present and discuss the ETTG Policy Brief “EU humanitarian aid: Caught between nexus and independence” with representatives from DG DEVCO, DG ECHO and the EEAS. The publication analyses current issues in the EU’s humanitarian aid with a particular focus on the Humanitarian-Development-Peace (HDP) nexus.
This Infopoint session aims at discussing the opportunities and challenges associated with the implementation of the HDP nexus, including how to best adapt institutional cultures, how to ensure a localized approach, and how to best integrate the peace element.
During the last part of the session, the audience will have the chance to ask questions and send comments to the speakers.
Panel discussion with:
- Mr Mario Ronconi, Head of Unit, DEVCO Unit B2 – Resilience, Fragility (introduction)
- Ms Ina Friesen, Researcher, DIE (lead author of ETTG Policy brief)
- Ms Inge Brees, Senior EU Advocacy officer, CARE International
- Mr Predrag Avramović, advisor to Director of Directorate C, DG ECHO
- Michele Cervone (Head of Division, EEAS Global 5) and Aziza Taourirt (Policy Officer, EEAS Global 5)
– The language in which the conference will be held: English
For registration click here.