- This event has passed.
Innovation in Development: the future of EU international Cooperation
October 18, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
As a continuation of the public debate held at the European Parliament on the 17th October, the ETTG organised a research conference engaging researchers, partners and other stakeholders to discuss the main EU development challenges.
The focus was mainly on the relations between Africa and Europe and it was analyzed through four workshops that studied four different themes, as you can see in the program below, concerning future global challenges.
The appointment is by invitation only.
Plenary: welcoming and opening remarks
- Points to retain from Day 1 and introduction to parallel workshops with ETTG Rapporteurs
- James Mackie, Director ECDPM (member of ETTG),
- Sébastien Treyer, director of programmes IDDRI (member of ETTG)
Plenary: innovating the Africa-Europe Partnership
- Chairperson: Geert Laporte, Deputy Director ECDPM (member of ETTG),
- Claus Sørensen, former Director General DG ECHO,
- Birgitte Markussen-Deputy Managing Director Africa EEAS,
- Mirjam Blaak, Ambassador of Uganda to the EU and Benelux,
- Celine Fabrequette, Head Project Manager at ADYFE
Parallel Workshops: the European contribution to addressing global challenges
- Globalisation and Inequality: harnessing trade and technology for development
- The sustainability revolution: how can the EU sustain the momentum for “transforming our world”
- Fragility, peace and development in sub-Saharan Africa: the missing nexus
- Normative power and fortress Europe: reconciling EU values and migration policy
Closing panel: recommendations for the next Commission and Parliament
- Moderator: Giulia Maci, ETTG Coordinator,
- Discussing workshops outputs with ETTG directors,
- Closing words by Simon Maxwell
VENUE: Hotel Cercle de Lorraine, Place Poelaert 6, 1000 Brussels
You can find the full program for the research conference here
Image courtesy of Ninara via Flickr